BAMA-TENN Mower Racing Assoc.
April 18, 2024, 01:10:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We are on Facebook check us out

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

2012 Super Modified Twin

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Super Modified Twin  (Read 686 times)
George Herrin
Administrator
BTMRA Veteran

« on: January 01, 2012, 07:41:40 pm »

Well I thought I would share what I been up too in my free time...
started with Murray wide Body frame rails as my chaissis. Will run another Vertical Te:censored:seh Engine. This is gonna be a CHEAP build easy build, and again to show it can be done cheaply and yet be fast and win races.

The rear axle is in seat in and fenders inplace.

Using Jakes hood this is what its gonna look like

rear view of it LOOK familiar, THATS right its the fenders off OLD RED the original set before I went to 6" wheels. SO inessence this is the 2nd rebirth OF OLD RED. And I will even let the old Bird Drive it.

Another angle of the rear view

something different here, using scrap and drop offs I made the axle from 1x2 square tubing We will see how this works I may be redoing the mount for the Steering column as I do not like this one.

Here is the cross bars and the lagb sitting in there not bolted down as of yet

nice tight and right against the bearing no flex here.
A rear view of axle and fender mount this is built to sit 2" off the ground.

here is the deck tacked to the frame, yes I love the look the deck halves give AND i am thinking of incorporating the grass chute into the exhaust as IU did on jakes Single.

This is the left sode with the deck half on.

Close up of where the rear sprocket is gonna be

Here is the right side this is going to be the brake side. ONLY two cassettes here on the axle. The way I have it built frame is 15" wide there is no need for the third bearing. Already have a a couple chassis out there with this setup and it works well.,

Told ya I did not like the first column mount on the front, so I re did it here is the end result. It leaves the front more open to work on whatever is needed.

The steering column is in and done.

LAGB is in and bolted down and jack shaft is started first carrier bearing is mounted.

I will be adding an outside bearing to the shaft but have to go get another bearing as we were trying something we shattered the one we had.

Below are a series of pictures of the rear drive line. Didn't do much the last couple days been tinkering on the truck and some other things Then today it was so nice me and Jake took the bike for a ride. Anyhow still have a lil to do have to add the chain tensioner and a lil more structural work. key to this setup is the shaft slides in and out by hand easily.

Test fit man it feels good

Jake likes it too

Looking at the seat thru the Steering wheel

Took the wheel off to see the seat better.

A better view of the Tillet Racing seat EC sells now. these are shifter kart seats and are deeper and hold you in much firmer. i love it..

another angle I am real pleased at how this come out.
Report Spam   Logged

George Herrin #6
3 time USLMRA National Champion
8 time ARMA National Champion
Herrin Mower Sports Racing Team/Fat Boyz Racing
Hohenwald Tn. 38462
wk... 615-446-6807
http://btmra.smfforfree2.com
http://www.eccarburetors.com/

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming . . "WOW ---What a Ride

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

George Herrin
Administrator
BTMRA Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 08:43:04 pm »

HERE is a closer view of the center steer pivot linkage arms are 1/4x1 flat bar I use the end of a spindle arm to mark my holes and drill them 3/8

First time sitting on its own wheels the chassis is pretty much done but drive line from motor to gear box.

Fender clearance is good and everything is flush with outside of tires.

It fits me well, and its very comfortable.

It fits Jake well also. Its designed around him but he is herrin mowersports future.
Report Spam   Logged

George Herrin #6
3 time USLMRA National Champion
8 time ARMA National Champion
Herrin Mower Sports Racing Team/Fat Boyz Racing
Hohenwald Tn. 38462
wk... 615-446-6807
http://btmra.smfforfree2.com
http://www.eccarburetors.com/

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming . . "WOW ---What a Ride
wildthang_sp28

mowing on down the track

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 01:25:32 pm »

lookin good but there is something missing with both of yall on that mowchine. well lets see not the engine. not the hood. hummmm this is tough. oh there it is WHERE ARE THE SUPERMAN AND SUPERBOY CAPES?What The!!!What The!!!?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: