BAMA-TENN Mower Racing Assoc.
March 29, 2024, 09:35:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We are on Facebook check us out

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

STAURDAY CANCELED

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STAURDAY CANCELED  (Read 176 times)
George Herrin
Administrator
BTMRA Veteran

« on: July 21, 2010, 04:43:30 pm »

Guys n Gals, weather is prediciting 98 to 99 degrees Saturday, Due to the weather from last race and thru the following week, Larry was not able to work the track, this week they are on vacation Ronnie thought it was wise to try to slice a finger off... So instead of us showing up at daylight an killing ourselves to get the grass mowed and track ready and the severe heat predicted and after discussing this with Larry we decided to call this race off. If your interested in trying to reschedule we will talk about that too. BUT the race Saturday is cancelled.
Report Spam   Logged

George Herrin #6
3 time USLMRA National Champion
8 time ARMA National Champion
Herrin Mower Sports Racing Team/Fat Boyz Racing
Hohenwald Tn. 38462
wk... 615-446-6807
http://btmra.smfforfree2.com
http://www.eccarburetors.com/

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming . . "WOW ---What a Ride

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

racingguy62

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 09:18:44 pm »

Guys n Gals, weather is prediciting 98 to 99 degrees Saturday, Due to the weather from last race and thru the following week, Larry was not able to work the track, this week they are on vacation Ronnie thought it was wise to try to slice a finger off... So instead of us showing up at daylight an killing ourselves to get the grass mowed and track ready and the severe heat predicted and after discussing this with Larry we decided to call this race off. If your interested in trying to reschedule we will talk about that too. BUT the race Saturday is cancelled.
Wow...that is a shame that the race is canceled because of heat...Im in Va, and for the past 2 months we have had 100 plus temps...glad for cold water..and mowing of grass? Really? No one to step up to the task? Kinda tells the tlale of priorities in my own humbled opinion...
Report Spam   Logged
George Herrin
Administrator
BTMRA Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 07:00:38 am »

When everyone works for a living and weather doesn't permit the track to be worked due to further making things worse (standing water on half of it) then the week that can be done they are on vacation which had been planned far in advance it does make it kinda hard. You must understand our track is a bit of a drive for 90% of our racers. 2 hours for me alone. I get off work at 5 by the time I get there of an evening which by the way is another hour away making it 3 it would be dark and get nothing done. and it is like that for many. Our club is spread out. It happens that way sometimes. As for priorities, this is a hobby we must make a living and some need a break. We take our racing seriously but we are realistic also. And we are a small club to boot. NOW if you wish your more than welcome to run over here and give us a hand we do not turn down any help whatsoever.
Report Spam   Logged

George Herrin #6
3 time USLMRA National Champion
8 time ARMA National Champion
Herrin Mower Sports Racing Team/Fat Boyz Racing
Hohenwald Tn. 38462
wk... 615-446-6807
http://btmra.smfforfree2.com
http://www.eccarburetors.com/

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming . . "WOW ---What a Ride
barrypt
Barry, Savannah Tn.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 10:16:28 am »

came Race with S.C.L.M.R.A. JULY - 24th -Tic 3:00 start 5:00 pm EST
Report Spam   Logged

barrypt
Barry, Savannah Tn.

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 12:52:20 am »

Thanks to Mr Bill.and  Brian Smith  for runing with us. rofl
Report Spam   Logged

pbrian
motivated

Racing for Jesus

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 06:52:11 am »

We had fun Barry. I love the way everyone is upbeat. I don't think I have ever seen so many kids at a race. Keep them in the picture and your mower count will continue to grow.
Report Spam   Logged

2007 BTMRA Adult Stock Champion
2008 BTMRA 3RD Adult Stock
2008 All-american Adult Stock Champion
2009 BTMRA Adult Stock Champion
2009 Voted BTMRA Driver of the year (thanks!)
2009 Rookie year in Super Sportsman:
BTMRA- 2 of 3 Feature Wins
ARMA Nationals- 2 of 3 Feature Wins
Christ Jesus said with all the love of heaven, "I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: