BAMA-TENN Mower Racing Assoc.
March 28, 2024, 04:58:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We are on Facebook check us out

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Rodgersville Ala. Home track

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rodgersville Ala. Home track  (Read 5970 times)
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 08:57:35 pm »

Yes well be at Talledega! coming in on the 2nd for practice. Would love to get that fencing, It would really help! BTMRA appreciates any and all help we can get.THANKS A BUSHEL. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
 No blade of grass is safe!
hotrod83

Gabby's Motor Speedway. Victory Lane

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 09:05:10 pm »

I will through it on the trailer when I come. I will also be there on the 2nd.
Report Spam   Logged

Michael Formentini #83F
2003, Tallagega Lawn Mower track champion.
2004, Coldwater Lawn Mower track champion.
2005, Coldwater Lawn Mower track champion.
2006, DSLMRA Twin Cyl. 2nd in points.
2007, Southern outlaws MOD-X and Supper Sportsman class champion.
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 09:12:16 pm »

GOOD DEAL!!!!! WE might just have a drink & a bite to eat over that!!!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
hotrod83

Gabby's Motor Speedway. Victory Lane

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 09:36:41 pm »

I'll have the grill and a couple racks of smoked ribs on the bar-b-que, and a kooler full. For when pratice is over.
Report Spam   Logged

Michael Formentini #83F
2003, Tallagega Lawn Mower track champion.
2004, Coldwater Lawn Mower track champion.
2005, Coldwater Lawn Mower track champion.
2006, DSLMRA Twin Cyl. 2nd in points.
2007, Southern outlaws MOD-X and Supper Sportsman class champion.
George Herrin
Administrator
BTMRA Veteran

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2007, 09:45:38 pm »

This is gonna be a heck of a good time. Michael thanks for the fencing. Really appreciate that. And we all owe much thanks to Larry Jeannie and the owners at the Rogersville track for all the work they been doing there.
Report Spam   Logged

George Herrin #6
3 time USLMRA National Champion
8 time ARMA National Champion
Herrin Mower Sports Racing Team/Fat Boyz Racing
Hohenwald Tn. 38462
wk... 615-446-6807
http://btmra.smfforfree2.com
http://www.eccarburetors.com/

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming . . "WOW ---What a Ride
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2007, 09:50:39 pm »

DYNAMITE!!Yea well be coming in the motor home.George will be riding with us gonna be a blast!!! We live between George and Talledaga he'll meet us here and ride on to the track in the camper.Practice should be exciting!!
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 09:51:57 pm »

We give it another go today. Chuck and them had three tractors working on the track. Its starting to smooth out alot, still low on the back stretch. Its still to wet around here to have clay hauled in,but even if not we'll still be alright for the test/tune race. They cut some small ditches so the water will drain suppost to rain tonite and all day tomarrow.I guess we'll know more about it after it rains. There's still a few boards on the bleechers to drill and bolt down and got to build rails across the tops so no one can fall off! We still have a few days to sew things up. I appreciate all the work that Chuck,Danial. Rusty and all the others have done!!!!! Its hard to get-r-done when we all work all the time.
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2007, 07:55:21 am »

Ok, We have less than 2 weeks to prepair for swap meet/ testntune. ED is going to try to get bleecher boards finished today. That will be a big help,Chuck said he would try to drag on the track this week.The more we drag on it the smoother it will be. We are trying to make it as smooth as possible, won't to make all the drivers glad to race on this track! I'll be going this week to get the B&J camping sign up. Micheal brought us that chain link fencing to talledaga picked it while we were there racing this weekend. Should be just enough to finish that project up! THANK AGIAN  MICHEAL!!! Jeannie and Barbie are going to finish out our flags thats a must, hope too get volunteers to help run things!!! Nick will be in from the Air force next week for the intire week that will be a big help on getting things done. To all the work that has been done special thanks to the ones that has bent over backwards to help they no who they are!!!! Hope to have a big turn out to show them appreciation!!!!! THANKS VP BTMRA.
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2007, 06:32:54 pm »

We had a great day working on the track! Got all the fencing done bleechers are pretty much done. We started on the flower bed and put the campground sign up. Cleaned up old lumber and placed our cones where needed and then mowed the grass around track area. We'll put mulch in the flower bed and set shower walls in the ladies room this week. Tomorrow were going to wet the track down and start getting the back stretch leveled out and do some more draging with the box blade. May take a race or two to get it perfect but it's a lot smoother than alot of track we've raced on before! We have parking and pit signs ect they should get hung up tomorrow. All-n-All things are looking very good for test/tune. Hope to see alot of our racers plus we have a couple groups of new faces and we welcome anyone who's interested in enjoying this new facility!!!!!!!!
P.S. Land owners came in today from florida and complimented 0n all the work that has been done and was very impressed on the way it's turned out. BTMRA and freinds are very thankful we have people like Bob and Mary Armstrong to let us use there land to have races on. We can't forget the people that took care of us!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2007, 06:21:37 pm »

WERE DONE The track is done, very smooth and wide! We put water on it today and packed it in, packs very hard but stays smooth. Bleechers are done fences are done flag stand done except for paint we'll do that later.Also All signs hung up, bathroom are ready and clean. Ladies have the flags sewed up and ready ect!!!!! The gang and I have worked very hard an spent a lot of time trying to make this track very enjoyable for the drivers and the fans. I hope everyone comes and has a blast!!!! So pray wiyh us for good weather this weekend so everyone has a good time and we have the best swap meet and test/tune ever. Special thanks to Bob and Mary for provideing us the land for this track and thanks to all the people that helped Jeannie and I make this BAMA/TENN home track possible. It's time to enjoy it now, Everyone come enjoy it with us. See ya saturday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
George Herrin
Administrator
BTMRA Veteran

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2007, 07:51:22 am »

WSounds great!!! CAn't wait till this weekend to check it all out.
Report Spam   Logged

George Herrin #6
Hohenwald Tn. 38462
wk... 615-446-6807

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2007, 04:23:13 pm »

We want to thank everyone that come to the Rogersville home track. We had a terrific and awesome turn out. I didn't get no bad remarks on the track but were still going to make it better! Everyone done a perfect job keeping the track/pit area clean very much thanks for that, this makes for better racing. Chuck and Barbie was very pleased with the turn out and how smooth every thing run. Special thanks to the racers for that!!! The racers put on such a show they had the spectators tore up about racing some even bought mowers before they left. We even had like 3 or 4 new members join. Know that's what we need to make this new and fun club the best we ever had! We keep this up our bleechers will be full soon, which means mower fans to race for. So keep up the good work and tune your mowers we'll see ya back on April 1st. At this rate things sould get better & better!!! SPECIAL THANK TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
George Herrin
Administrator
BTMRA Veteran

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2007, 04:39:08 pm »

And to add to that........ WOW what a successful, and I mean very successful test and tune. We had 25 mowers and signed up several new members as Larry stated, and had a great time and simply had a wonderful day. Had an awesome spectator turn out just for test and tune. The swap meet was a huge success also. Some made some pretty good money to put back into their racing. I want to thank everyone for coming out to make this such a successfule day. Was great seeing Dink Strunk and his Dad again. Been too long since they have been out to the track. Thanks to every one and I will say it again everyone for there help and support leading up to and during this event and for this club. Did you see all the sponsor signs on the back fence. Wow Thanks Larry and Jeannie for all that work. ON another note........... We been saying the 1st race is APRIL !st. It is NOT it is the 31st. Saturday!!! Not sure how we missed this but it is SATURDAY MARCH 31st.
Report Spam   Logged

George Herrin #6
Hohenwald Tn. 38462
wk... 615-446-6807

rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2007, 08:15:19 am »

A race on the track was just what we needed! We worked the track yesterday after it was packed from the last race, and was able to get some of the humps out we couldn't before.Its starting to lookup! There giving alot of rain saturday, we need it but not to much.Every thing sould be good for april 1st. See ya there!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
johnboy
motivated

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2007, 09:09:32 pm »

ok  you talked me into  it.  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

yea tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil as you will be there to hold my hand and calm my body.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: