BAMA-TENN Mower Racing Assoc.
March 28, 2024, 03:26:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We are on Facebook check us out

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Rodgersville Ala. Home track

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rodgersville Ala. Home track  (Read 5968 times)
George Herrin
Administrator
BTMRA Veteran

« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2008, 08:25:51 am »

March 22nd is Fairview... Remember.
Report Spam   Logged

George Herrin #6
3 time USLMRA National Champion
8 time ARMA National Champion
Herrin Mower Sports Racing Team/Fat Boyz Racing
Hohenwald Tn. 38462
wk... 615-446-6807
http://btmra.smfforfree2.com
http://www.eccarburetors.com/

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming . . "WOW ---What a Ride
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2008, 06:11:18 pm »

Sorry, my bad he's right guess I was thinking about the 29th. Thanks George.
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
 No blade of grass is safe!
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2008, 09:03:46 pm »

Hey racers, things at the home track are looking good for the weekend. The chance of rain is getting lower and lower as the week goes on. We're going over on Thursday and disk it up and smooth it out, have to do a little weed eating and such.This is the first time this year it has been dry enough to work, so it should be a good track for Saturday. Any way everything is on and be ready!! See ya'll at the race.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
docbro

« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2008, 11:25:15 am »

Larry,

Would love to come, but someone has to work.  (Danged Ol Hospital)  Oh well, it lets me pay for my toys.

See ya next time,
Doc
Report Spam   Logged

Kenny
#606 sportsman, modx, supersportsman
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2008, 10:00:14 pm »

rofl I think the track is going to be sweet for the race, we just come in from working on it and it turned out very smooth. It was dark so I hope I'm telling everyone right,Chuck and Paris worked it with the tractor Jeannie and Tasha mowed the grass and run the weed eater and I was moving hay bales and other things. Well it's bath and bed time .Hope everyone has a safe trip to and from the track so see ya'll there on Saturday. Oh the ambulance and fire department called today and every thing is a go, also I have a EMT that is going to be there in case the ambulance has to leave we can keep on racing this is a plus! Thanks to the ones that help tonight.laters!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2008, 06:37:17 am »

Embarrassed Even though track was very muddy and we had to try and pack it we had a good race. Only had one caution all day. Also we had a good turn out of mowers the super  stock class there was eight mowers in this class and no cautions. There was a battle for first in the adult stock class between Baby-boy and Mario and in the super sportsman class Tyler and Jeannie battled it out. We need to thank all the flagger's and the fire department for all they did and the Ambulance service and also the two EMT's that was on site. We had a lot of people offer there help this time and we appreciate it a lot! Everyone also path Chuck and Barbie on the back when you see them for what they have done. Next week will be at Athens Al. at the rodeo arena. They are having a BBQ cook off with other things going on. We ask that all drivers try to get there early Saturday so we can show off our mowers. And this track is going to be laid out on the grass with hay bales around it like the good ole days. This event should have a large crowd of people so tune and clean them up for a day of fun. See ya'll there!
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2008, 09:50:58 pm »

OK, racers we have been to the track tonight and run the tractor with the disk and drag for 2 1/2 hours it was a mess. But it has turned out very good. There giving rain for Friday night of this week and it should pack down to be a good track for the 10th. Chuck and I have talked about a couple changes to the track nothing drastic but should make it more interesting to the drivers.I'm not going to say just have to show up and find out SORRY Evil  Any way we hope the weather holds out next week so we can make the track as smooth as possible. Everyone have a good off weekend and get geared up for the 10th, till then be safe with what you do and we'll post if anything changes!
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2008, 04:12:06 pm »

RACERS, we spent our 4th of July weekend at the track. Friday we just set around and watched the smoker smoke and eat like big dogs! We found out some things at the track has changed The owners has sold the front campground to another couple a long with the store. It's not as bad as we first thought all that will change will be where the pits are located. They are at the other end of the track now. There is some shade down there the only thing is it's a little farther to the bathroom and concision stand. They said we can still use the bathrooms and the store porch for the fire department as long as we help keep it clean which is no problem as long as everyone does there part! So on Saturday Chuck and I and Jeannie Johnboy and Dink with all the kids worked most of the day bushogging and running the mower and weed whacker. Then we took the tractors to the track with a box blade and if it don't rain too much and i don't think it will the track is sooo smooth right now.
NOTE: When the racers get to the track pull past the drive way where we have been going in and there will be a access road to the pits, Its only like 30 feet on down the highway on the left. When you turn in go to the right and follow road to pits. We will talk about how we are going to do the entrance and exit at the drivers meeting.
P.S> I have ran an ad in the paper for two weeks so we can get our big crowd back so bring what ya got and hope it's enough.
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
johnboy
motivated

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2008, 11:09:04 pm »

Cheesy  hey Larry, can I use the Deere John again?  I was just getting used to it  LOL
Report Spam   Logged

yea tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil as you will be there to hold my hand and calm my body.
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2008, 08:23:10 am »

OK Racers and fans we went over on Saturday and mowed the grass, track looks to be in fine shape as we have had very little rain. We are going to put some flyer's out and ads in the local papers, Chuck said he would call the local radio stations and see if they could help us out. So everyone get ready should be a Saturday of good racing!
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2009, 08:39:51 am »

Ok. work day at the track went very well. We had a good turn out of hands to pitch in. Special thanks to Chuck and Barbie and the boys, Nick and Tash, Jr white, Todd Mobley, Bill Morrow, Ronnie Henden, Tony and Kayle Sanders and hope I din't forget nobody. We mowed the grass weedeated cut dead trees trimmed trees so trailers can get in and out burned the burn pile and added dirt to the track where the water stood ect. The rain today should help pack where we added dirt and we will go back later this week and drag it agian. Track turned out smooth all but coming out of turn 4 has a couple ripples that was to hard to cut out. Not bad though. There giving rain today and Monday but should be good rest of week. Going to call Monday and have add in news paper and have a port-a-potty brought out and we should be good to go. Hope everyone is ready a couple of cars stopped to see what was going on and said they will be back next weekend to watch us. So break out them mowers and lets break in some new paint jobs and put a good show on for the fans!  Thanks Larry and Jeannie
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
George Herrin
Administrator
BTMRA Veteran

« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2009, 09:39:13 am »

Sorry I could not make it but I want to thank everyone for coming out and helping at the track. BAndit is doing well as most know I run over him. Thats why I wasn't there. We spent half the day at the vets. Thanks to everyone though and see yall next week.
Report Spam   Logged

George Herrin #6
3 time USLMRA National Champion
8 time ARMA National Champion
Herrin Mower Sports Racing Team/Fat Boyz Racing
Hohenwald Tn. 38462
wk... 615-446-6807
http://btmra.smfforfree2.com
http://www.eccarburetors.com/

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming . . "WOW ---What a Ride
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2009, 05:29:36 pm »

Went back over to track today after it has rained all day. Track was in the best shape ever with no water standing on it. Water was running in pond as we wanted. It has rained slow so it will pack back what we moved around will blade it agian this week.
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2010, 07:56:18 am »

April 10th will be clean up and mow at the home track. It's a mess with all the rain we had last year so we need all the help we can get to get it ready to race on this year. We'll try to start mid morning and pray for dry weather. Thanks BTMRA STAFF
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
rebelracing16
BTLMRA Vice President
Administrator

« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2010, 10:44:34 pm »

Hello racers, about race time agian. Some of us went over to track today and mowed grass and so forth. Well Jeannie and Neil mowed and Dustin and I worked turns 1 and 4. If rain holds out we should have a good track. No mower ramp off turn 4 George so you'll have to lanch off it with horsepower this week.  But back straight away is ready for some wheelies. Let's all pray for good weather and everyone have a safe trip to the race.
Report Spam   Logged

Larry n Jeannie Favors
BTLMRA Vice President
256-247-0176
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: