BAMA-TENN Mower Racing Assoc.
March 28, 2024, 05:42:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We are on Facebook check us out

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Arma and US legal Prepared chassis build

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arma and US legal Prepared chassis build  (Read 13756 times)
George Herrin
Administrator
BTMRA Veteran

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 05:02:34 pm »

Well between working on customer mowers and racers, and having a bit of the flu I got out to the shop today and installed the brakes. First picture is the rear brakes with lines attached.

Below is a close up of the Hegar front brakes. The axle is keyed with a 3/16 key and has 2 set screws to keep it tight. Never had any trouble with these brakes.

Below you see both front brakes on. Next I will post the running of the front brake lines. I did something a little different there.

Ok many of the MTD fenders have cut outs on the left side that allow the lines to go between the fenders and frame. Very nice fit and makes less work.

Ok here is where I stepped outside the box.. I bought some brake tubing from napa and ran the nylon brake tubing inside it. Keeps it from vibrating and gives it a cleaner look. Also some extra protection. I run this one down because the headers will be right there and this keeps it off the headers.

It also runs up and inside the frame around to the right side behind the steering column infront of the battery. Again extra protection of the lines.

Here it is a simple run right down the right side right on top of the chassis. No headers here to dodge or get around.

Ok here you can see an aluminum plate. I used this as a back plate for the master cylinders to give them support so it doesnt flex the side panel. Also where the front brak lines go thru the side panel I used a rubber grommet to keep them safe.

Here are the master cylinders mounted and the all lines attached.

Here is my mechaincal brake bias. Very simple setup and I am going to make it adjustable on the fly from the dash. That will come later. It adjust from front to back.

Report Spam   Logged

George Herrin #6
3 time USLMRA National Champion
8 time ARMA National Champion
Herrin Mower Sports Racing Team/Fat Boyz Racing
Hohenwald Tn. 38462
wk... 615-446-6807
http://btmra.smfforfree2.com
http://www.eccarburetors.com/

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming . . "WOW ---What a Ride
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: