BAMA-TENN Mower Racing Assoc.
March 29, 2024, 03:33:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We are on Facebook check us out

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Arma and US legal Prepared chassis build

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arma and US legal Prepared chassis build  (Read 13777 times)
George Herrin
Administrator
BTMRA Veteran

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 04:59:21 pm »

Now I am mounting the front grill mounts. I clamp a straight edge to the frame to be sure I am straight with the top of the axle and frame and then use a straight edge to make sure I am not at and off left or right.

See here I am checking to make sure its square to the axle. The hood mount holes are 11.5 inches center to center Frame is 13 wide so I went 3/4 of an inch from the side of frame and drew a line on the axle beam to know where to place the mounts.

Here you see both mount welded on and notice How I have drilled a hole stuck a bolt in and welded the head to the tube. Makes it easyier to remove the hood and grill simply spin the nut off top side don't need two wrenches to do it.

here you can see how it sit right over the bolts To secure it a couple fender washers and flannge nuts and done.

Here is the first view of the rolling chassis with the body work mounted. Using the hood and grill from the 04 chassis was my back up this year.

Here is another view of it. Tomorrow it will come out of the shop for the first time for a better photo and I need to clean up a bit before continuing on with it. Still have to fix the battery mount location  and some tabs welded in dash area for upper grill support location, brakes motor and wiring then body work to paint it.
Report Spam   Logged

George Herrin #6
3 time USLMRA National Champion
8 time ARMA National Champion
Herrin Mower Sports Racing Team/Fat Boyz Racing
Hohenwald Tn. 38462
wk... 615-446-6807
http://btmra.smfforfree2.com
http://www.eccarburetors.com/

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming . . "WOW ---What a Ride
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: