BAMA-TENN Mower Racing Assoc.
April 18, 2024, 03:40:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We are on Facebook check us out

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Arma and US legal Prepared chassis build

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arma and US legal Prepared chassis build  (Read 13816 times)
George Herrin
Administrator
BTMRA Veteran

« on: December 23, 2006, 04:55:32 pm »

Ok here is the placement of my front pulley guides. I hold it right up against the pulley without touching it. Tack the flanged nut in place. I do this to all three then remove the bolts and pulley and weld them on solid. This makes for a fast guide removale to change belts quickly if needed.

Here you see all three in place. Also you see a idler on the return side. This is more a guide to stop back lash when getting off the throttle at the end of the straights. it isn't tight against the belt you will see what i mean in up coming pics.

Here the belt is passing thru the idler. no pressure on it notice the depth of the belt. Now when the next three pics are up look at the depth with pressure on the belt.

Now notice with my finger slightly pushing on belt it sits deeper. So as you can see it is simply there to keep belt form whipping back and forth. The guide on this pulley is not as the others. I drilled a hole and tapped it for standard thread  and run a flanged nut on a 1/4 inch bolt screw it into the frame and the flange nut is the jam nut to keep it from backing out.
Report Spam   Logged

George Herrin #6
3 time USLMRA National Champion
8 time ARMA National Champion
Herrin Mower Sports Racing Team/Fat Boyz Racing
Hohenwald Tn. 38462
wk... 615-446-6807
http://btmra.smfforfree2.com
http://www.eccarburetors.com/

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming . . "WOW ---What a Ride

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: