BAMA-TENN Mower Racing Assoc.
April 19, 2024, 04:57:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We are on Facebook check us out

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Arma and US legal Prepared chassis build

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arma and US legal Prepared chassis build  (Read 13836 times)
George Herrin
Administrator
BTMRA Veteran

« on: December 23, 2006, 04:46:11 pm »

Ok here I am assembling the two side panel frames to the front sub frame. I use a straight edge to get it all straight.

here I use a dail caliper to make sure it is all straight. This is important. Once I am happy I tighten all the bolts tight.

I angle cut each end so it fits snug end to end.

Then I lay my frame rails in this is how I discretly stiffen my chassis. Then I clamp them in sevral locations from both directions using c-clamps up and down to make sure they are tightly in the frame. Now before welding and using the calipers same as in above picture I want to make sure they are straight on the rear section before I weld them in. The next photos will show the welded in rails.

As you can see the rails are welded in. See how I don't do a solid weld end to end. Not needed, and the extra heat would warp the chassis.

Now this is inside the side frame panels. I use the same tubing to stiffen the box or tunnel of the frame. Makes for a solid chassis and it isn't add much extra weight either.

Ok here you see where the E.C. Distributing tranny plate buts right up against the front sub frame. ALSO it goes in the tunnel and sets on top of the frame rail supports. You can bolt or weld it in I choose to weld it then it becomes a part of the frame and helps stiffen it.

Here you see that I have mounted a tranny lower case. Then you slip the plate bushing into the the hole which self aligns on the input shaft.

As you can see it aligns perfectly. Now tack it in place and then remove the tranny case wnd weld it completely in.

Here it is welded completely in place. This bushing supports the weakest link (the input shaft) of the 700 tranny and with this setup if you break the input shaft it is due to case fatigue or worn or bad bearings.
Report Spam   Logged

George Herrin #6
3 time USLMRA National Champion
8 time ARMA National Champion
Herrin Mower Sports Racing Team/Fat Boyz Racing
Hohenwald Tn. 38462
wk... 615-446-6807
http://btmra.smfforfree2.com
http://www.eccarburetors.com/

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming . . "WOW ---What a Ride

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: